Salem Baptist Church is an affiliate of the Southern Baptist Convention and we ascribe to the Baptist Faith & Message. To read the history and the entire document of the Baptist Faith & Message click here.
Salem Baptist Church exists to make disciples who actively follow Christ, are being changed by the Gospel, and are engaged in His mission in the world.
In short we exist to…
Salem Baptist Church seeks to develop a culture:
- That has embraced Christ, His cross, His resurrection, & His call to follow Him.
- Whose worship is intentionally a reflection of heaven & the heart language of our community.
- Whose prayer is that they and the nations might know God.
- That understands, values, and acts on the call to multiply by making disciples who make disciples as individuals & small groups.
- That is committed to doing life together in authentic fellowship.
- That is equipped to intentionally live out their faith, in word and deed, in the culture around them.
- That serves one another within the body of Christ.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Love for God & fellow man (Matthew 22:37-40)
- Culture of prayer (Matthew 21:13; Ephesians 6:18; 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- Commitment to Scripture (Psalm 119:105; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Every member a minister, every believer a disciple-maker (Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Peter 2:9)
- Authentic fellowship (John 13:34-35; Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Worship & glorifying God not just as an event but a lifestyle (Romans 12:1-2)
- Evangelism (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8)
- Family – a commitment to protect and strengthen what God has designed (Genesis 2:24; Psalm 127:3-5; Ephesians 5:22-6:4)